Chocolate Swirl Cookie Bar Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (I added a pinch extra.)
- 1/2 Tsp Almond Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract (Again, added extra.)
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt Butter in skillet.
- Add sugar, brown sugar, and the almond and vanilla extract.
- Add beaten egg.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. (I added the flour in ratios so it was easier to mix in.)
- Add the chocolate chips. (I used minis, but regular works too.) Mix them in, but not too much to where the batter turns to a chocolate color. You want to stir it just enough to where some batters chocolate colored and some the original color.
- At this point you can pop it in the oven right in the skillet to make one big cookie bar, or you could do what I did and spread the batter evenly in a glass dish. The recipe turns out either way, but I prefer to put it in a dish so its easier to cut them. Make sure it’s spread out pretty even in the skillet or dish.
- Bake it for about 15 minutes. It should still be kind of soft when you pull it out of the oven.
- Let cool, and enjoy!
– – – – –